All of the major Italian Red Wine varietals are served in our restaurant are unique both in flavor and aroma; the best Italy will ever serve. It is interesting to note that red wines are a classification of wine made from typically dark-colored (black) grape varieties. The actual color of these wines can range from intense violet, typical of young wines to brick red for mature and brown for mature red wines.
Are you looking for one of the best special occasion restaurants in Raleigh, North Carolina? Come visit Mia Francesca Trattoria located in the heart of Raleigh’s Mid-town at North Hills. Convenient to everywhere in the Triangle, our central location makes us easy to find. We specialize in private rooms for parties, large and small, that include wedding rehearsal dinners, business meetings, bar and bat mitzvahs, birthday parties, and anniversary dinners. Our indoor and outdoor dining areas are perfect for those smaller more intimate celebrations.
Our extensive wine list is always an excellent addition to our menu as you enjoy the best in Northern Italian cuisine and ambiance.
Here are six excellent examples of the Mia Francesca Selection:
- Villa Girardi Amarone: A lusty, full-bodied wine, made with partially-dried Corvina grapes grown in the Veneto region of Italy
- Portocamaro Barbera D’Alba: A varietal wine produced mainly in the Piedmont region of Italy, an intense berry flavor, so versatile it goes well with a variety of good foods
- Chiarlo “Totoniano” Barolo Nebbiolo: A dry, full-bodied magisterial wine from Nebbiolo grapes in the Barolo area of the Piedmont of Italy, has complex aromas and flavors
- Ruffino Chianti Classico Reserva: A very dry, select medium-bodied, with lovely tart-cherry flavor, mainly from Sangiovese grapes grown in the Chianti area of Tuscany, Italy
- Novaia Valpolicella: A medium-bodied wine comes mainly from Corvina grapes in the Valpolicella area of the Veneto region of Italy
- Tenuta del Priore Campotino Montepulciano: A medium-bodied wine with red cherry flavor, made from Sangiovese grapes in Montepulciano, in the Tuscany region of Italy
In our first post in this special Mia Francesca Wine Series, we discussed the brief history of winemaking, which we followed by exploring the unique and different wine regions in Italy. Next week, we will discuss white wines. We hope you find this series informative and useful.
At Mia Francesca, you will always enjoy the best.
Check out Mia Francesca’s participation in the Iron Chef Challenge at the Midtown Farmers’ Market on Saturday September 28th from 9-1130 a.m. on the Commons. Our very own Executive Chef Zachary VanGaasbeek, is one of the Culinary All Stars and we need you to come down and cheer him on!
Experience the “Best in the Triangle” Northern Italian cuisine right here in North Hills, the heart of Raleigh’s Midtown.
If you like recipes, you should check out the video demonstration of our Executive Chef Zach’s making traditional Italian Biscotti!
Check out all of our Italian Food recipes!
Visit us here at http://miafrancescaraleigh.com
Mia Francesca Trattoria
Phone: (919) 278-1525