- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar; set aside.
- Place the chopped chocolate into a medium bowl.
- In a saucepan bring the heavy cream and half and half to a boil over medium high heat.
- Pour over the chopped chocolate and allow to sit for two minutes; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Gradually whisk the warm chocolate mixture into the sugar and yolks until completely combined. Pour through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of any lumps.
- Skim off any foam from the surface.
- Divide the mixture evenly between six 4 ounce ramekins. Place the ramekins into a shallow baking dish, and pour enough water into the dish to fill halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes before opening the door, then check to see if they have set. If not, continue baking in five minute intervals until the middles only slightly jiggle when moved.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then chill until completely cold, about 3 hours. Served with marshmallows toasted ontop, fresh berries, or whipped cream.
When you put together North Carolina farm-fresh produce and our classically trained expert chefs, dining at Mia Francesca Trattoria is the best authentic Italian experience and tastiest cuisine you will ever enjoy.
Raise a glass to toast to the excellent deals (and delicious meals) you will receive when you make your reservations at Mia Francesca Trattoria this Triangle Restaurant Week. Make this a dining experience you will always remember!
Please check out the video demonstration of our IRON CHEF Zach’s making traditional Italian Biscotti!
Check out all of our Italian Food recipes!
Visit us here at http://miafrancescaraleigh.com
Mia Francesca Trattoria
Phone: (919) 278-1525