- For the Dough:
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cold and cut into cubes
- For the Filling:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces good quality dark chocolate (60% or higher), finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons Sugar in the Raw (for garnish)
- Powdered sugar (for garnish)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the flour and salt using the paddle attachment.
- Add in the cubed butter and cream cheese and allow to mix until the flour mixture starts to form a loose dough.
- Pour the dough out onto a counter loosely dusted with flour, and knead until all the pieces come together.
- Flatten slightly, then wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Once the dough is ready cut it into quarters; take the first piece of dough and roll it out on a counter dusted with flour into a circle, about 1/8-inch thick all the way around. Trim up any uneven edges.
- Repeat the same for the remaining dough quarters.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Melt the butter, and brush it over each of the dough circles evenly.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over each circle in a thin layer to cover completely. Sprinkle the chopped chocolate over the dough.
- Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll up each of the wedges into a crescent shape, starting with the thickest end.
- Brush the tops of the cookies with the remaining melted butter, then sprinkle the Sugar in the Raw over the tops of each.
- Space them evenly onto the two baking sheets then refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, rotating the pans halfway through.
- Once completely cooled dust with a little powdered sugar before serving.
Get ready for the Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day and make your reservations early for good times at Mia Francesca in Midtown Raleigh. The season of fun has just begun!
Please check out the video demonstration of our IRON CHEF Zach’s making traditional Italian Biscotti!
Check out all of our Italian Food recipes!
Visit us here at http://miafrancescaraleigh.com