At Mia Francesca Trattoria, we take pride in using only the freshest of ingredients from local farms for every single one of our Italian culinary presentations. It is with this spirit of community is mind that we encourage you to visit the thriving Midtown Farmers’ Market right here at North Hills every single weekend. This lively neighborhood market is open from now until November 1 (8 am to noon) at the Commons at North Hills. And we would love a visit to our authentic Northern Italian restaurant to enjoy the farm to table fresh food while visiting the market.
It is important to note that the market is open only to growers; the vendors at the Midtown Farmers’ Market must sell products and produce that they themselves have produced. This means that the vendors have great knowledge of what they have grown.
Our farm rich menu at Mia Francesca’s includes:
- Asparagi Insalata—one of our superb Italian salads with asparagus, blue cheese, and tomato
- Vegetable Panino—comes with grilled squash, fresh Portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, wild arugula, lemon ricotta, and ciabatta
- Spinaci aglio e olio—fresh sautéed baby spinach, garlic, olive oil, and lemon
- Spring Pizza—with fresh garlic, peas, asparagus, local pea shoots, mozzarella, and espellette
The Farmer’s Market provides our local and regional community with a wide array of interesting product:
- With plentiful access to healthful food options including fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, handmade canned goods free of preservatives
- An opportunity to buy local, family-farmed foods from almost fifty vendors selling farm-fresh produce, meats, seafood, cheese, baked goods, and other specialty foods and crafts
- Natural farm fresh foods grown to sustain our land and our health
- Educational opportunities to learn about sustainable farming methods, the importance of family farmland and growing practices
It is not unusual to see Chef Zack and other kitchen staff walking through the market looking for lunch and dinner ingredients. Come visit Mia Francesca and be assured the freshest is always at your service.
Please check out the video demonstration of our IRON CHEF Zach’s making traditional Italian Biscotti!
Check out all of our Italian Food recipes!
Visit us here at http://miafrancescaraleigh.com
Mia Francesca Trattoria
Phone: (919) 278-1525
Photo: Midtown Farmer’s Market