Did you know that National Cheese Day is Wednesday June 4? At Mia Francesca Trattoria, we think every day is a great day to enjoy the aroma and subtle scents of delicious cheeses here in Midtown Raleigh’s North Hills. Chef Zack and his team pride themselves by using only the freshest of cheeses to produce the highest quality for our authentic Tuscan Italian dishes.
Cheese is loved by everyone, and there are over 500 varieties of cheeses in the world (Wikipedia). Our select wines are the perfect complements to virtually any cheese we offer. We enjoy pairing good wines with excellent cheeses to make your dining experience one to remember. We often pair many of our cheese featured entrees with a remarkable white wine. We do this for two reasons, the sweetness of our white wines pair nicely with a wide variety of cheeses ranging from tangy and rich to the delicious semi-dry to dry. And red wines can often overpower even the most robust of cheeses. Taste is everything.
The best wines that pair well with our cheeses include:
- Riesling: Trimbach, 2010 from Alsace
- Riesling: Ch. St Michelle Eroica, 2011 from Washington State
- Sauvignon Blancs: Dog Ridge “The Pup” McLaren Vale from Australia
- Sauvignon Blanc: Bellvue Touraine, 2012 from France
- Sauvignon Blanc: Dom and Janine Crochet, 2010 from Sancerre, France
Samplings of the Mia Francesca dishes that include an array of mouthwatering cheeses:
- Napoletana Pizza with Provolone and Shaved Parmesan
- Margherita Pizza contains Mozzarella
- Salsiccia Pizza with Goat Cheese and Mozzarella
- The option to add Gorgonzola, Fontina, and Swiss cheese to any pizza
- Meat and Cheese Board with our chef’s selection of artisan cheese
- Pollo al Parmesan features breaded chicken breasts with tomato basil sauce and Mozzarella and Parmesan
With the many varieties of cheeses and wines we offer, Mia Francesca Trattoria will help you select a wine and cheese pairing you will love and remember!
For the enjoyment and love of cheese, Chef Zack has perfected on video one of our classic Italian dessert presentations. Our special version of the perfect Tiramisu contains the rare and delicious Mascarpone Cheese loved by Italians since the late 16th Century. Our wonderfully sweet version is a scrumptious blend of this creamy Italian cheese, espresso, eggs, rum soaked lady fingers, cocoa powder, and farm fresh raspberries. Click here to watch how to make this classic dish from Francesca’s Table for all to enjoy.
Mia Francesca is conveniently located at North Hills in Midtown Raleigh and we welcome the opportunity to make your visit a very special time. Stop in and celebrate the cheese!
Please check out another video demonstration of our IRON CHEF Zach’s making traditional Italian Biscotti!
Check out all of our Italian Food recipes!
Visit us here at http://miafrancescaraleigh.com
Mia Francesca Trattoria
Phone: (919) 278-1525
Photo: Sergio Bertasius Photography