Something magical happens when the perfect combination of flavors in wine highlight, enhance, and harmonize with the flavors of fine Italian food. Like a passionate couple in love, the pairing of the right wine and the right meal can bring both flavor and excitement to an evening out. Mia Francesca Trattoria, our Northern Italian restaurant located in Midtown Raleigh North Hills, suggests an array of wine pairings with many items found on our menu; from our savory chicken to our seasoned grilled fish and palate-pleasing pasta dishes.
Our Louis Jadot Pouilly Fuisse Chardonnay from Burgundy, France perfectly complements the following Mia Francesca Trattoria chicken entrees:
- Pollo salsa Bianca: grilled chicken breast, garlic, white wine, Alfredo cream sauce, Parmigiano, and linguini pasta
- Pollo Arrosto alla Romano: roasted chicken, white wine, garlic, chili flakes, rosemary herb roasted potatoes
- Pollo Piccata: pan seared chicken breast, garlic, white wine, capers, lemon, linguini aglio e Olio
Mia Francesca features two Pinot Grigio Italian bottled wines from Veneto. Our Le Macine and Ca’ Stella pair splendidly with our two delectable grilled fish entrees:
- NC Trout: grilled North Carolina trout, cauliflower puree, tri-color cauliflower, golden raisins, baby spinach, and aged balsamic
- Salmon Caponata: grilled salmon with farm fresh winter vegetables, eggplant, capers, fennel, olive oil, balsamic, and tomato
Both our St. Francis Old Vine Zinfandel from Sonoma, California and our Castella Sinnino Chianti Riserva pair well with the following pasta dishes:
- Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs in a tasty tomato basil sauce
- Penne Pastore: fennel sausage, sundried tomatoes, goat cheese, and tomato basil sauce over our penne pasta
- Pollo al Parmesan features breaded chicken breasts, tomato basil sauce, mozzarella, parmesan, and Linguini agli e olio
Remember, pairing and weight go hand-in-hand; lighter wines with lighter fare, robust wines with robust fare, and so on. It is important to look for a wine with flavor and aroma characteristics that invoke the traditions and taste of our Tuscany Italian entrées. Mia Francesca has an expansive fine wine list to consider and our Tuscany Italian fare partners very nicely with our selections. Try our Meat and Cheese Board with our Executive Chef’s selections of artisan cheese and charcuterie (fine meats), olives, fruit jam, and ciabatta crostini.
Pairing wine with fine food is an art. And it is very important to remember that life is always better with great taste and company.
Mangiamo! Let’s eat, drink and be merry!
Mia Francesca Trattoria, in association with the Francesca Restaurant Group, is having its “Take Me to Tuscany Getaway” contest happening right now!
Stop into Mia Francesca in North Hills to register. No purchase is necessary. Enter NOW through February 28th. Please check out these details. The winner will be announced on March 2.
Stop in to win!
Check out all of our Italian Food recipes!
Visit us here at http://miafrancescaraleigh.com
Mia Francesca Trattoria
Phone: (919) 278-1525
Photo: Dreamstime #13184429